SitTler Composting equipment
Why buy a Sittler Compost Turner?
Here are a few reasons:
• The side scrapers are long, adjustable and shaped to be of maximum efficiency in moving the excess on the sides back into the windrow.
• Square tubing is used for structural reinforcement and strength. This prevents the turner from twisting or going sideways in a heavy windrow. The tubing also ensures the longevity of the machine as it holds everything together and in place. Protects the roof from caving and the machine from buckling.
• Sittler has incorporated a double spiral of the drum knives to ensure balancing, even under very adverse conditions such as an extremely dense, large windrow.
• Extended knife holders 2 inches longer provide extra holding strength
• Drum knives made of hardened steel are 2" shorter and reversible. Turning the knives at ¾" ensures longer performance and that the windrow remains clean right down to the ground - no possibility of a smelly, anaerobic layer forming.
• The gearboxes are also protected and are part of the machine, not a separate large box.
• The Sittler drum has been tested in a live situation where rice was thrown into the windrow. After one turn, samples were taken from various parts of the windrow and placed onto a clean surface. It was immediately evident that the mixing was very thorough with even distribution throughout the windrow.
• The smaller machines model 507 and model 509 can be towed on most roads so it is not necessary to lift them. The 512 and 1014 can be transported on a flatbed.
Contact us here at Chaos Springs for more information.