Your growing system can be more than organic - it can be regenerative!
Thermal and Worm Composting 3-Day Course
with Molly Haviland, of Haviland Earth Regeneration
May 10 - 12, 2017
Kiwi Fertiliser in conjunction with Chaos Springs and MyNOKE Compost are proud to host US soil ecologist Molly Haviland for this Intensive 3-day Course.
This course is ideal for you if you're a farmer, grower, or property owner who wants to:
- Expand your knowledge of composting and soil fertility so you can take soils, pastures, and production to another level.
- Learn how to turn feed pad waste, herd home waste, and barnyard waste into good compost to help minimise your fertiliser inputs
- Get hands-on experience of the compost building and making process, methodology, the results of using well-made compost on pastures, and the benefits in terms of animal health and welfare.
The course consists of 2 days of classroom learning at the Hotel Armitage in Tauranga, followed by a 1 day Field Trip to Chaos Springs Farm in Waihi. A return bus will be provided for the Field Trip.
Molly Haviland runs her own soil building consultancy, Haviland Earth Regeneration, and has studied directly under Dr Elaine Ingham of Soil Food Web Inc. Molly is an exceptionally polished and knowledgeable presenter and you can expect to come away with lots of fantastic knowledge and skills, including:
* The benefits of thermal and worm composting in modern eco-agriculture
* Enhancing plant productivity through cultivation, identification, and documentation of soil organisms
* How to take your farm to the next level and increase pasture production by eliminating chemical inputs and applying soil friendly fertiliser inputs
* Converting barn waste and manure into fertiliser through correct composting procedures
* Efficient use of effluent as fertiliser from effluent ponds with the correct pH
* How you can create properly balanced soils and a diverse soil food web, and get these kinds of benefits:
* Plant productivity reaching full potential
* Disease resistance
* Nutrient retention
* Nutrient cycling
* Water retention
* Soil stabilisation
* Reduction of weeds
* Toxin breakdown
* Less reliance on bought in bagged Nitrogen
* Carbon sequestration
Field Trip Info: Chaos Springs has been making and using a variety of composting methods for many years. Compost is the basis for the entire fertility program for pasture, orchards and market gardens. You will get to see the production of thermal compost, unique vermicast systems, plant extracts, and the results of 15 years of application of these methods.
Cost: $793.50 inc G.S.T.
If you would like more information about this course please contact:
Steve Erickson from Chaos Springs:
P: 07 863 7975
Ron McLean from Kiwi Fertiliser
P: 0800 549 433
For more information about Molly Haviland visit:
Kiwi Fertiliser: http://kiwifertiliser.co.nz/
Chaos Springs: http://www.chaossprings.co.nz/
MyNOKE Compost: http://www.mynoke.co.nz/