- 9:00 am Introduction to Biochar - Evolution and value of biochar: including history (ancient & local); primary benefits; production technologies (old & new; big & small; fast & slow; good & bad); applications overview
- 10:45 am Morning Tea
- 11:00 am Biochar Production & CCI: demonstration of simple, farm-scale production techniques; post-production processes (conditioning; charging; inoculating)
- 12:00 Lunch (while pyrolyses continues)
- 12:30 pm Complete pyrolyses: discuss post-production processes, quality and application
- 2:00 pm Biochar application demonstration: apply biochar to establish a field trial at each workshop venue to monitor the effects of biochar on soil moisture and nutrient status in the future; we hope to provide follow up data for workshop attendees
- 3:30 pm Strategies for horticulture: R&D ideas, produce? buy? production cooperative? cascading uses? application methods.
- 3:30 pm Workshop wrapup: discussion and feedback.
- 4:00 pm Close
For more information and registration go to