SitTler Composting equipment
We are no longer the agent for Sittler equipment in New Zealand but still support the use and quality of their products. You can contact them directly at http://www.globalrepair.ca for purchases and information.
Why buy a Sittler Compost Turner?
Here are a few reasons:
• The side scrapers are long, adjustable and shaped to be of maximum efficiency in moving the excess on the sides back into the windrow.
• Square tubing is used for structural reinforcement and strength. This prevents the turner from twisting or going sideways in a heavy windrow. The tubing also ensures the longevity of the machine as it holds everything together and in place. Protects the roof from caving and the machine from buckling.
• Sittler has incorporated a double spiral of the drum knives to ensure balancing, even under very adverse conditions such as an extremely dense, large windrow.
• Extended knife holders 2 inches longer provide extra holding strength
• Drum knives made of hardened steel are 2" shorter and reversible. Turning the knives at ¾" ensures longer performance and that the windrow remains clean right down to the ground - no possibility of a smelly, anaerobic layer forming.
• The gearboxes are also protected and are part of the machine, not a separate large box.
• The Sittler drum has been tested in a live situation where rice was thrown into the windrow. After one turn, samples were taken from various parts of the windrow and placed onto a clean surface. It was immediately evident that the mixing was very thorough with even distribution throughout the windrow.
• The smaller machines model 507 and model 509 can be towed on most roads so it is not necessary to lift them. The 512 and 1014 can be transported on a flatbed.
Contact us here at Chaos Springs for more information.